A Hodge Podge of things we have been doing in the workroom!
It has been a while since I posted, so I have several projects to show you in various stages. Some of this I have posted on Facebook, but not all of it. It is sometimes hard what to post and what not to post on Facebook, or should I save it for the blog only? It is easier to post on FB, so sometimes I just get impatient and can’t help myself and just put a quick picture on there. I also think that not everyone goes and reads my blog, but they do see my FB page.
So on to the projects, this one was a huge cornice 12′ x 24″ deep. It was designed by JCR Design Group by Kristin Kisling. I start out pre-lining the board, then I add a layer of cornice batting and put a layer of interlining over that. So when you add your fabric you don’t have to do any pulling and it helps with ripples etc.
This is the beautiful fabric the client and Kristin chose. It was so rich in color and turned out beautiful on the cornice.
And then a couple of weeks ago we installed it. It was gorgeous!
The drapes underneath it were of a faux silk with interlining and Trinity blackout lining. They also had a beautiful band down the leading edge. All the hems and trim on these were handsewn.
I didn’t get a great picture of the trim along the edge. Here is another view of the room.
The next project I worked on was a continuation of a previous project. We had made small cornices for the living room and recovered the Dining room chairs, but we did not replace the drapes underneath or do anything to the dining room window.
The room looked great, but the client still felt it need just a little more. And now the dining room window looked really out of place.
She wanted to add some height and color to that side of the room, so we decided to go with a cornice over the rod and new panels under all the cornices.
The new cornice and drapes really set the room off!
And the drapes in the Living Room were just the right touch!
They still needed a little bit of training at the bottom, so we left them tied for a few days.
I also made a cute little black and white ottoman slipcover for another client.
And have been working on this project, that is almost finished. It was not hard to sew, but it involved a lot of planning and fore thought. I had to make a template of the window, which you can see behind it, and then had to work the pattern to make it fit that size of window. I have a magic fairy who helps me with this! 🙂
Right now it is hanging on my wall, but once we install it I will show you the finished project. It is made out of beautiful velvet fabrics!
And this week I am working on this beautiful Thibaut fabric, making a 19′ wide Queen Anne Valance, lots of pieces!
Thanks for stopping by at Windows and More by Chrystal!