Upholstery, Window Treatments and Bedding Projects for Holly Blumeyer


Family Room with new upholstery - Blue and White plaid sofa and loveseat, and Floral ottomans.

A while back I worked on a job with Holly Blumeyer, one of the designers I work with.  We measured the project about a year ago, and there was a lot of deciding on fabric and some remodeling took place.  This project included work in the Dining Room, Family Room, and Master Bedroom.  I shared on Facebook some of the project, but never followed up on the completed project.  So here are the pictures.

I will start with the before of the furniture, we loaded it up in my van and Holly’s vehicle and unloaded it into my living room.  We replaced all of the foam and rebuilt the back cushions completely.

Family Room Furniture before reupholstering

I posted this picture on Facebook, this is the sofa, once I had it completely stripped.

Sofa during re-upholstering

This is part way thru the process, I was working on lining up the back stripes with the front nose stripes.  All those little white lines had to be perfectly lined up and kept straight.  I used a ruler a lot on this job!!

Sofa during re-upholstering

 

Here is all the pieces are completed.  I did not do the chair, it was ordered, and the old chair was reused in the Master Bedroom.

Family Room with new upholstery

As you can see the backs were made to go above the back, where before they were even with the back.  This gives more support, the seat foam was replaced with an ultra medium foam, giving much better support when you sat on it.

Family Room with new upholstery - Blue and White plaid sofa and loveseat, and Floral ottomans.

Arm covers were made for both pieces, and as you can see they were also matched up.  No small detail is missed.

Family Room with new upholstery - Blue and White plaid sofa and loveseat, and Floral ottomans.

The two ottomans, were reupholstered in a large yellow floral with a contrast red cording and throw pillows were made from both of those fabrics.

Family Room with new upholstery - Blue and White plaid sofa and loveseat, and Floral ottomans.

In the dining room we just fabricated simple Euro pleat drapes in a small pink check, on a white rod.

Dining Room Drapes in pink check.

We used a black out lining so there is no light coming in and fading out the color of the drapes.  We use the Trinity or Serenity blackout lining in a lot of our projects, because it has  such a nice drape to it.  It isn’t  stiff and plastic feeling like the older blackout linings use to be.

Dining Room Drapes in pink check.

 

Next we move to the Master Bedroom.  It wasn’t completely finished yet, the bed cover  (a white Matelasse coverlet) hadn’t been purchased yet, so we just quickly covered it with a white sheet.
Master Bedroom

Drapes and a Gathered Scalloped Valance in a very large floral fabric with a blue background were made for the window, the valance has a facing in the same pink check as the bedskirt.

Master Bedroom - Drapes and Gathered Scalloped Valance, and Shams in Large Floral, Bedskirt and Pillow in Pink Check, and Green Corduroy Chair.

Here a couple of pictures of the chair in my workroom.  I loved the way this turned out.  The Green Corduroy looking fabric was so soft.  But once again we had to be careful to keep the nap all going one way and the welts nice and straight.  This fabric didn’t stretch as much as the family room fabric did so that wasn’t as much as a problem.  The seat cushion was also replaced, but the back cushion was still in good condition, so kept it the same.

Re-upholstered Chair in Green Corduroy

   Loved the way the welt looked on the bias!  It was a heavy fabric, so the welting had a more beefy look to it, which I also liked.

Re-upholstered Chair in Green Corduroy

And here it is in the bedroom.  We made a little throw pillow for it, with the leftovers.

Reupholstered Chair in Green Corduroy

As I mentioned before the bed was still waiting for the coverlet, so we quickly covered it with a sheet.

Bed with new Shams, bedskirt and pillow.

The Shams were carefully made with the same design on the front, and a different flower was selected for the back.  I used an invisible zipper, to the client can switch up the look.  They were trimmed in a pleated ruffle in the same pick check as the gathered bedskirt.  A throw pillow was made with a brush trim fringe on it.

Bed with new Shams, bedskirt and pillow.

 

So that is for all today.  We have completed several more projects and I will try to get them up soon!  Thanks for stopping by!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Leave a Reply